- This event has passed.
Emergency Survival & Self-Sufficiency Skills Workshop
January 31, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$60
(prepay & save $10! $50/adult prepaid, $60/adult if pay day of)
FOR ADULTS ONLY
Be Prepared…Not Scared
The weather in New England can be robust. We’ve seen tornadoes and microbursts, hurricanes, freak snowstorms in October and severe thunderstorms after winters of an abundance of snow. Maybe the ice storms of Winter 2008 or Halloween Snowstorm 2011 brought an “emergency” to your door step? These storms are powerful teachers. We are reminded that we need each other and need to have certain awareness and skills.
This hands-on, engaging workshop will demonstrate the practical skills you need as you learn how to:
- Create warm shelter in or outside your home;
- Stay healthy through safe hygiene and sanitation practices;
- Make water safe to drink;
- Make fire when matches are wet or lighter fluid doesn’t work due to extreme cold;
- Find the best food sources when grocery stores are wiped out or you can’t get to them;
- Prepare food when the stove or microwave doesn’t work;
- Use your car as a shelter, for cooking food and making a fire.
Shelter, water, fire and food will be covered.
Our classes are experiential and teach foundational skills for true sustainability; how to live with nature in a way that benefits us and our environment. This creates a natural balance in our lives. We will have time to explore, learn, play and gain new perspective for seeing the world in a changing time.
HOW MUCH: $50/adult PREPAID; $60/adult if paid day of Workshop
(Winter Animal Tracking is today at 1-4 pm)