Sunday, February 26, 9 am-12 pm
Workshop 3 of WINTER OUTDOOR SKILLS ADVENTURE WEEKEND
Attention: Skaters, Ice Fishermen, Snowmobilers, Skiiers, Hikers, Children Just Playing on the Ice
Would you know what to do if you fell through the ice, or one of your loved ones…perhaps a family member…plunged into the excruciating frigid water? This is a terrifying thought, and people have lost loved ones in this scenario; it is a REAL concern. However, taking the time to educate yourself and your family gives you an incredible edge that can make the difference between life and death.
Although this situation seems grim, we can help you understand that ICE SAFETY training is an extremely important SKILL that you can acquire. You and your friends/family can be prepared and know exactly what to do.
Being prepared and knowing how to respond provides a comfort and security that nothing else can. With this new-found knowledge and skill, you know what to do for yourself, as well as if someone you witness falls through the ice. In this class, you will learn:
- how to approach the ice
- how to read the ice while travelling over lakes, rivers
- how to determine ice thickness so you know what places are safe on lakes, ponds, rivers
- how to deal with the initial first minute of submersion–one that you can be prepared for in this class
- how to determine which direction to swim as the ice breaks under you
Learn the different strategies and rescue procedures for what to do before, during and after someone goes through the ice.
For Adults, Teens & Famlies
$50/adult, $30/child with adult prepaid (add $10 if pay day of)
WINTER OUTDOOR SKILLS ADVENTURE WEEKEND–SCHEDULE
Saturday, 2/25 & Sunday, 2/26
Sat, 9-12: Winter Shelter
Sat, 1-4: WinterFire
* Maybe stay overnight in a tent or shelter you built…$5/person; rustic cabin…$8/person (very limited space)
Sun, 9-12: Ice Safety
Sun, 1-4: Winter Tracking